Issues with soundfont players

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Post Reply
Ralf
Expert
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Issues with soundfont players

Post by Ralf » Wed May 08, 2019 12:24 am

Hi,

if I use 2 audio unit instances of the soundfont player "bismark bs-16i", one MIDI track's instance does use a sound from the bs-16i's preset sf2 and another MIDI track's instance does use a sound from another sf2, each time I open the project, Auria Pro 2.23 does only restore the selection of one instance correctly. It does use the same soundfont for both instances, so I need to select the other wanted soundfont manually.

As a workaround I decided to use only one instance of "bismark bs-16i" and to use Lyra for the sound from the second sound font. It doesn't work, since Lyra automatically does chose the first sound provided by this soundfont. I couldn't figure out how to select another sound from the soundfont ArabTurk.sf2.

On my Linux DAW the FluidSynth DSSI plugin shows that bank "20", program "25", name "Oud (Bright)" is sound 1 out of 33 sounds from ArabTurk.sf2.

Unfortunately I want to use sound 30 provided by bank "128", program "15", name "Eastern Percussion" from this soundfont.

Is there a way to

- ensure that when opening the Project, the correct soundfont is chosen for each instance of a bs-16i audio unit?

- use Lyra for playing a wanted sound from a soundfont, instead of the first sound of a soundfont?

- another audio unit available that works with Auria Pro as a soundfont player, that doesn't suffer from an issue?

Regards,
Ralf

User avatar
Rodolfo
Expert
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Issues with soundfont players

Post by Rodolfo » Wed May 08, 2019 9:39 am

Well, you have two different issues

1) Bs-16i is not saving its state correctly. This is not specifically related to Auria Pro, since I’ve seen in other forums that the issue has been reported with other hosts too and -as far as I understand- the dev is aware of the problem. Not sure why it hasn’t been solved yet, I guess it’s related to the use of different files by different AU instances.

2) Unfortunately Lyra Is not capable of showing the names of the different patches in a soundfont file, but the good news is that can access them if you know the bank/patch number. Just look at the bottom of the MIDI channel strip and you’ll see two small pulldown menus with “Bank” and “Patch” numbers. They are set to OFF by default, but if you set the appropriate numbers you will manage to access the different patches within a soundfont file.

And regarding soundfont players, I believe Bs-16i is the only AU sf2 player available on IOS (I maybe wrong). I would recommend that you write to the dev reporting the issue, maybe he can fix it soon or at least provide a workaround.
https://www.bismark.jp/

Rodolfo

Ralf
Expert
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Re: Issues with soundfont players

Post by Ralf » Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 am

Hi Rodolfo,

thank you for the reply. Before I posted my request I already tested to access a sound by it's bank/patch numbers. It doesn't work on my iPad Pro.

Regards,
Ralf

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests